We are SAVE

We are a group of concerned high school students who believe that even the smallest of groups can make a difference in the world.

Goals:
1. Raise awareness in our school and community about violent conflicts around the world.
2. Support non-violent protests and demonstrations.
3. Raise money that will go directly to organizations that will help victims of conflict, such as the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and Women for Women International.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony 2012

In the past week, my students have delivered around thirty presentations on genocides and human rights crises around the world.  In addition, I have done my own research on the issues in Syria and Sudan.  I have to admit that it has taken a toll on my caring capacity.  I have felt a little overwhelmed and, at times, a little hopeless.  The link below is to a video that brought tears to my eyes and offered a solution.  Please watch Kony 2012.  It is a 27 minute movie about getting justice for tens of thousands of children by hunting down the world's most wanted criminal.   Kony 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment